Celebrating Summerific® Hibiscus | August 6-12, 2023
Post your favorite Hardy Hibiscus with the hashtag #SummerificWeek on social media from August 4-10, then tag us @WaltersGardens!
Why We Love Summerific® Hibiscus
Summerific® Hibiscus are one of the most iconic landscape perennials with massive 8” flowers and a head turning midsummer display. We are choosing the first full week of August every year to highlight this collection and feature one of our absolute favorite perennials.
Hibiscus are a fast growing, easy care perennial that is native to North America. Summerific® varieties are hybrids of Hibiscus moscheutos and improve on their native roots with earlier blooming, sturdier habits, and indeterminate blooming (flowers appearing the length of the stem). Summerific® Hibiscus also come in a variety of foliage colors, extending interest beyond just the flowers. There is a lot to love about these plants, and we’re hoping you’ll help us spread the word!
How to Make this Year Summerific®
When Hibiscus week rolls around, make sure you have your plants featured in your store. Then, join the Hibiscus-mania by sharing your plants on social media. Let your customers know you’ve got Summerific® Hibiscus by posting during this week.
Help Us Spread the Word
We will be partnering with garden communicators to post about Hibiscus during this week. You can help to spread the word by tagging us on Facebook or using #SummerificWeek on Instagram featuring your Hibiscus.
5 Tips to take Advantage of Summerific® Week
- Educate Yourself & Your Staff on Hardy Hibiscus – Knowing what makes these plants special and how they differ from other Hibiscus will help you create more informative social media content and answer customer questions. Check out #SummerificWeek for all you need to know about these plants.
- Be Creative with your Posts – Do more than just the flower close up. They’re incredible plants capable of incredible photos. If you want to see what others are doing, follow #SummerificWeek on Instagram
- Post more than Once – This is event marketing. In order to get your customers to notice and engage with Summerific® Week you should post multiple times during and leading up to the event
- Tag Local – If you’re boosting, sharing, or hashtagging posts, be sure to include info on where you’re located or how to order from you. Adding location data or region specific
- Put 'em Up Front – Hardy Hibiscus are an impulse buy. 8” flowers make them easy to spot in the back of the store. Imagine how they’ll turn heads up front or where they’re visible from the road!
Star of Summerific® Week Award
The Stars of Summerific Week program highlights some of the most stunning and creative social media posts from Summerific Week.
Awards will be handed out in three major classes and for finalists. All entries must be submitted the week of or the week before Summerific® Week. Posts must be made using the #SummerificWeek to be considered. This is an annual competition with prizes varying year to year. Contest extends to the United States and Canada.
Award winners will be posted on SummerificWeek.com
Stars of Summerific® Week - Award Classes
Star of Summerific® Week - Post of the Year Award
This award is given to our favorite post of the year. Contenders for this award will be considered for their creativity, the moments they capture, and presentation of Summerific® Hardy Hibiscus.
Prizes for the Post of the Year Award include a plaque noting their post, Proven Winners® branded gift, and $200 gift certificate to the Proven Winners® online store.
Star of Summerific® Week - Outreach Award
Many influencers and brand ambassadors participate in Summerific Week, sharing their love of Hardy Hibiscus with the same creativity and passion as the rest of us. The Outreach Award thanks them for highlighting Hardy Hibiscus and sharing their love of gardening.
Prizes for the Outreach Award include a plaque noting their post, Proven Winners® branded gift, and $200 gift certificate to the Proven Winners® online store.
Star of Summerific® Week - Entrepreneur Award
At the heart of this program is the desire to showcase a perennial that looks great in the Garden Center after most gardeners and DIYers have finished their visits for the year. This award celebrates the Garden Center or Business posting about Hardy Hibiscus and keeping the gardening spirit alive into the dog days of summer.
Prizes for the Entrepreneur Award include a plaque noting their post, Proven Winners® branded gift, and $200 gift certificate to the Proven Winners® online store.
Star of Summerific® Week - Finalist
Each year there are more posts worthy of recognition than the three award classes can capture. Finalists will be recognized, albeit without category, for their creativity and contribution to #SummerificWeek.
Prizes for the Finalists include a plaque noting their post, small gift item, and $50 gift certificate to the Proven Winners® online store.
Stay up to date with all the Summerific® love at SummerificWeek.com