Walters Gardens Inc., located in Zeeland, MI, is a leading grower of perennial plants since 1946. We take great pride in the superior quality of our young plants and field grown products, diverse product selection, customer-focused staff, our extensive hybridizing program, and the ability to offer the best new introductions from around the world. Check back for new job opportunities which will be posted here.
We are currently looking for an Electrician to maintain and support the electrical systems at our Zeeland facilities.
Essential duties include:
- Maintain the primary and essential power systems at Walters Gardens
- Monitor electrical loads in the facility to maintain balanced and reliable electricity to the entire facility
- Monitor and work to improve power factor percentages in the facility
- Work with other managers in the facility to manage “max demand” to insure we are operating as efficiently as possible
- Perform assigned electrical / mechanical work
- Assist with troubleshooting, repairs, and maintenance of electrical / mechanical equipment
- Respond to and utilize communication devices
- Assist with the planning and execution of construction projects and facility upgrades
- Provide technical (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic/hydraulic) expertise to the company to assist in implementing the best solutions to operational challenges
Qualified applicants must have:
- Current State of Michigan journeyman or masters electrical license and not less than 10 years’ experience managing commercial and industrial applications
- Knowledge in the proper shutdown of high voltage primary circuits and transformers during periods of utility single phasing, fluctuating voltage, accidental damage, or for safety purposes
- Familiarity with monitoring secondary loads and managing them for proper balance across phases
- Strong communication skills
- Positive initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects independently
- Ability to be on call and respond to emergencies 24/7
Interested candidates may e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Downloadable Employment Application PDF:
English En Español
Please send all completed job applications to Becky Oudshoorn in Human Resources:
Walters Gardens, Inc.
Attn: Becky Oudshoorn
PO Box 137
Zeeland, Michigan 49464-0137
Phone: (616) 772-0728
Fax: (616) 741-0097
Walters Gardens is an Equal Opportunity Employer.